Monday, September 15, 2008

"My Favorite Bench" - Portsmouth, New Hamshire


This is an acrylic rendition of my favorite public bench in the gardens at Strawberry Banks in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I haven't gone painting with acrylics in a very long time because I've been so caught up in working with pastels lately......I really like how loose the composition is. I'm still working hard at not being so detail oriented with my work.

I had a wonderful day, and it felt like it was finished very quickly. ..... was good to get out with my paints again to capture a favorite place on canvas. Of course, this doesn't exactly depict the place, but definitely portrays how this place feels to me when I visit.

I'd love to hear what you think so, please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you !

1 comment:

Amy's Place said...

PRETTY !!!

The composition and color palatte feels right on for fall and the festivities acomin. I love when you choose reds to paint with.

McGelligot sista #3
xxxooo