Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Girl in a Sunbonnet" -

This is taken directly from a lithographed image on an octagonal cookie tin gifted to me by my favorite aunt.  Mom, Aunt Rose, Aunt Edie and I planned a "day with the girls", and after a great lunch we went back to Aunt Rose's place to visit a while longer.  I was admiring the beautiful things she has collected over the years (she loves yard sales and flea markets) when the tin caught my eye.  I asked her about it and she offered it to me!!   
Compared to the original image this depiction seems "cartoonish", but she is so charming I enjoyed sketching it immensely.

4 comments:

Stew Crowther said...

Hello Tracey,
I saw your post on EDM so I thought I would pop round to see you :-)
Cartoonish??? Nooo. Never.
I love it, it's lovely.
Great blog.
Stew.

kevin said...

Gray Jacket

Moncler Jackets Sale

Coat Women Ziper

kevin21 said...

Nike High Heels

Monster High Celebrities

Jordan Heels

Nike Dunk Sb High Heels Black And Pink

High Heel

web development company india said...

Nice Post!I would like to know more about your blog.