Friday, January 25, 2008

Two Preliminary Sketches - Acrylic Desert Landscape Project for Anthony



These two pieces have been posted to show Anthony (my nephew) the process, and for him to see that I am working on the project he challenged me to. They are preliminary studies for the final acrylic desert landscape I promised to paint for him.
The colored pastel sketch was done to help me w/tone placement and pallette choices for the final painting, and the graphite sketch was done to imprint a plan in my mind for composition.
I show my art blog to the family as often as I can because I'm trying to get them involved in creative expression (perhaps inspire them to give it a try). I believe that the drive to express creatively is hereditary, and I'm interested to see who else in my family (besides my daughters and me) has it......

No comments: